Based in Ottawa, Ontario, CPMA is a not-for-profit organization that represents companies that are active in the marketing of fresh fruits and fresh vegetables in Canada from farm gate to dinner plate. CPMA’s vision is to enable and lead the produce industry by enhancing the market and facilitating trade of fresh fruits and vegetables for its members.
Half your Plate is a new healthy living initiative that empowers Canadians of all ages to eat more fruits and veggies to improve their health while providing simple and practical ways to add a variety of produce to every meal and snack. Half Your Plate is fun, practical and informative while providing tips on how to prepare fruits and veggies using different colours, flavours and textures for meals and snacks at home, at school, at work, eating out or on the go.
Make a healthy choice! Fill half your plate with fruits and veggies.
Program key messaging:
- Fill half your plate with fruit and vegetables at every meal!
- Pick a fruit or vegetable when snacking!
- Increased consumption of fruit and vegetables has been proven to reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as some cancer, heart disease and stroke.
- www.halfyourplate.ca features healthy eating tips, tricks to include more fruits and veggies with every meal, recipes and nutritional facts on fruits and vegetables.
- blog.halfyourplate.ca is updated twice per week and features recipes, tips on how to work with specific vegetables, guest bloggers and more.
- You can also find us on Twitter (@halfyourplate), Facebook (halfyourplate), and Pinterest (Half Your Plate).