The Polish Association of Juice Producers (KUPS) is a non-profit organization integrating the juice industry in Poland (fruit and vegetables juice producers, concentrated juices, suppliers of devices and machines, vegetable and juice producers, trade companies and scientific institutes). It undertakes various initiatives with purpose to develop the whole fruit and vegetable industry and realizes promotional and informational projects. The industrial self-control DSK system (the Voluntary Controlling System for juices and nectars) implemented by KUPS in order to ensure high quality of products and to protect rights and interests of consumers deserves to be paid special attention. Currently, there are 41 members of KUPS.
Since 2008 KUPS has been continuously running campaigns promoting the “5-a-day” ideas:
• The “5 a day fruit and vegetables” project, 2008-2010, Poland.
• The first edition of the “5 portions of vegetables, fruit or juice” programme in primary schools,
• The second edition of the “5 portions of vegetables, fruit or juice” programme in primary schools,
• The “5 portions of vegetables, fruit or juice” project, 2011-2014, Poland and Romania
• The “5 portions of vegetables, fruit or juice III” project 2013/2014, Poland
• The “5 portions of vegetables, fruit or juice IV” project 2014/2015, Poland
• The “Juices and musses – vitamins in a comfortable form” project 2015-2018, Poland, Czech
Republic, Slovakia, Romania, Lithuania
• Increased awareness of the “5-a-day” campaign promoting eating fruit, vegetables or juice from
45 % (2008)-> 76 % (2014);
• Increased awareness of recommendations of doctors and specialists regarding eating
5 portions of fruit and vegetables daily from 49% (2008) -> 74% (2014);
•Noticeably increased interest in popularization of the “5-a-day” idea, the nutrient value of fruit,
vegetables and juices and the definition of a portion by internet websites, newspaper editorial
teams, schools, administration, etc.