5 a day NICARAGUA born since 2010. As a strategic alliance with FAO, Ministry of Home Economics, Municipality of Managua, have registered an increase of 27 calories in your intake: 2,241 in 2005 to 2.268 in 2014 (figures MEFCA)
• “5 a day” is an international movement that promotes the consumption of at least 5 servings
of fruits and vegetables a day.
• We support our people to identify and improve eating habits THROUGH consumption of fruit
• Dissemination Conference to implement our health message that arrives at all levels of the
population in particular, the benefits of eating fruits and vegetables, especially children and
youth as they are the consumers of the future.
• Promote the planting of fruit trees, citrus, vegetables, spices and booths, in the courtyards of
the family protagonists.
• We participate in fairs Gastronomic.
• We give technical advice to schools, school feeding and support for complementary activities
Orchards, school fairs, and science fairs health.
• Technically accompany production processes of families and schools, in our country
5 a day NICARAGUA born AUP.Financiado Project funded by FAO, became a National Healthy Program Patio. We support the formulation of the Law School Feeding Nicaragua for Public Policy, which will be presented to our government run activities in the National University (UNA, UNAN, POLISAL) MEFCA, Market, Church, Municipalities (LEON, Ticuantepe, cruise, Nindiri, Chichigalpa.