In the national context, food insecurity and malnutrition suffered by a large part of the population, approximately 28% do not consume vegetables daily and 35% do not consume fruits daily. On the other hand, the dietary habits of the population do not include fruits or vegetables and diseases such as obesity have gained a very important space in the urban youth population.
The campaign of 5 a day Colombia, arrives in 2008 when the International Corporation CCI decided to bring it to the country and seeks this initiative. Promotion work is being done through supermarkets, schools, agriculture, health and sports organizations, and seeks more allies for Colombians we improve our eating habits and producers increase their supply of food with quality, having guaranteed marketing.
- More than 100,000 athletes impacted with the program message.
- More than 4,000 children visited for 5 days in different schools in Bogotá.
- 500 people impacted in nutrition and dietetics workshops.
- World Guiness record, delivering 250,000 units of fruit, for 4 hours in 7 cities simultaneously.
- International Congresses for the Promotion of Fruit and Vegetable Consumption 2012 and 2016 with more than 400 public and private companies linked.
- 5 companies using the brand 5 a day and disseminating the objective of the program in the image of their products.
Learn more at:
Facebook: 5 al día Colombia