5 a day – Argentina is the local version of an international program created to promote a reasonable diet, including 5 portions per day of fruit and vegetables.
This proposal, which has been proved successful in 40 countries, gets support of the principal international organizations relations with health, agriculture and nutrition.
What do we recommend? The consumption of at least 5 daily portions of fruit and vegetables: A balanced diet, rich in vegetables is the platform for good health
Across Argentina fruit and vegetables are hugely produced and exported. Consumption is low and insufficient for the international recommendations. Vegetables do not have enough importance in our culture.
This is the reason it is necessary not only to offer recommendations but work in different matters:
- Educative actions oriented to consumers reporting about benefits of a healthy diet, especially for children and teenagers.
- Activities related with home gardening and cropping.
- Promotion of local consumption
- Developing of professional agreements
- Synergy with other organizations.
Who We Are
A forum integrated by representation of the multiple activities of the F&V value chain, and nutritional experts. We are a multidisciplinary group which promotes interactive activities.