In the national context, food insecurity and malnutrition suffered by a large part of the population, approximately 28% do not consume vegetables daily and 35% do not consume fruits daily. On the other hand, the dietary habits of the population do not include fruits or vegetables and diseases such as obesity have gained a very important space in the urban youth population.
Strategic alliances have been achieved with public and private entities with which it has developed ludic activities within the framework of different scenarios; Impact more than 200,000 people directly, encouraging the consumption of F & V and the adoption of healthy habits and lifestyles. In this context, the positioning of 5 per day has been achieved, increasing the interest of other entities to work together in the design and implementation of new strategies aimed at improving the eating habits of the country’s population.
- More than 100,000 athletes impacted with the program message.
- More than 4,000 children visited for 5 days in different schools in Bogotá.
- 500 people impacted in nutrition and dietetics workshops.
- World Guiness record, delivering 250,000 units of fruit, for 4 hours in 7 cities simultaneously.
- International Congresses for the Promotion of Fruit and Vegetable Consumption 2012 and 2016 with more than 400 public and private companies linked.
- Mass deliver of fruit with more than 21,000 units in Bogotá.
- Conforming a working table with the National Federation of Merchants FENALCO and the country’s retails, in order to generate strategies for the consumption of fruits and vegetables.
- 5 companies using the brand 5 a day and disseminating the objective of the program in the image of their products.