SANTA FE DECLARATION
In the framework of the X International Conference for the promotion of consumption of fruits and vegetables, celebrated on October 29th,30th and 31th of 2014, in the city of Santa Fe(Argentina Republic), the representatives of the International Alliance of Associations and Movements 5 a day -AIAM5 -, coming from 12 countries and in charge of national promotion for consumption of fruits and vegetables, meeting around 4rd , ”5 a day international working table”, and having as a witnesses honour to the Vice Governor of the Province of Santa Fe, Mr. Jorge Henn , the Mayor of Santa Fe City, Mr. Jose Manuel Corral and the President of National Federation of Fruit and Vegetables Market Traders of Argentina Republic (FENAOMFRA), Mr. Juan Carlos de Biase, considering:
- The promotion and increasing of the consumption of fruits and vegetables to improve public health, Non Communicable Diseases and obesity.
- The promotion and increasing of the consumption of fruits and vegetables should be supported and included in the national public health, education and agricultural policies
- The promotion and consumption of at least five(5) portions between fruits and vegetables as the basis for a healthy eating and active living, would help to reduce the budget of the nations for the treatment of obesity and non-communicable diseases.
- The promotion and consumption of at least five(5) portions between fruits and vegetables would help to improve the socio economic development of horticultural activities generating higher income, employment and improved quality of life for the general population.
- The promotion the production and the consumption of fruits and vegetables should be linked to a culture of reducing losses and waste in its value chain, ensuring best practices that preserve the natural resources of nations.
For the above mentioned, the attending AIAM5 representatives request Multilateral Organizations and National, Regional and Local Governments for:
Priority consider the promotion of production and consumption of fruits and vegetables in their policies, plans, programs and / or projects to improve the global economy and the health of the population.
This Declaration of Santa Fe-Argentina is signed the 29th of October 2014.
- FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF THE PROVINCE OF SANTE FE – D. Jorge Henn – Vice Governor
- FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF THE CITY OF SANTA FE – D. Jose Manuel Corral – Mayor
- FOR National Federation of Fruit and Vegetables Market Traders of Argentina Republic (FENAOMFRA)- Juan Carlos De Biase – President
- FOR International Alliance of Associations and Movements 5 a day AIAM5
- Mariano Winograd de Argentina
- Juan José Estrada de Bolivia
- Fabio da Silva Gomes de Brasil
- Fernando Vio de Chile
- Adriana Senior de Colombia
- Cecilia Gamboa de Costa Rica
- Consuelo Macías de Cuba
- Manuel Moñino de España
- Alberto Curis de México
- Paula Alvarado de Nicaragua
- Sergio Carballo de Uruguay
- María Soledad Tapia de Venezuela